Diigo, what?

So I think I may be jumping on the bandwagon a bit too late, but at least I'm on it right?

This bandwagon I'm talking about is Diigo! Thanks to Mrs. Launren, I learned about this handy curation tool this Spring at FSU's ASKe conference when she presented how she was using it in her classroom. I liked the idea of it, but couldn't see how it was applicable at the time.

Well yall, hindsight is 20/20!

The number one reason I started using it was because my workplace blocks Pinterest (horrible, I know!) and I needed someplace to save articles rather than just emailing them to myself or surfing my phone, because I have to actually look like I'm doing work.


So I checked it out. The teacher side of me fell in love. Because you know what else is blocked in the classroom... you guessed it, Pinterest! 

In completely related news, I also have this Produsage project and I was praising sweet baby Jesus because Diigo would be the perfect tool to use. The program allows students to curate information on their own and in conjunction with Easel.ly, they would be able to upload links to products they were creating! A simple tool with major benefits. 

I'm also planning on putting this on my work's budget list for next fiscal year as a tool to use within my team. We're always saving articles or PDFs in our resource folder, but we never have time to read though the whole thing. If we used the highlighter and sticky note features, my team and I would be able to easily research and share material more effectively. 

A big thanks goes to Lauren for introducing me to this super efficient research tool. 

How many of yall use Diigo? What ways have you used it before, or plan to use it in the future?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should totes follow me!

I'm on island time!

Welcome to EME6414