I'm on island time!

This week is closing to an end and I'm thinking how can I get ahead of all the responsibilities I have to complete for my summer classes?!?

When will I research this, write this, or submit this?... hello time management!

At work, I had this feeling of "there's never enough time" especially when Thursday rolled around. But that comes naturally when dealing with multiple project and task deadlines, right?

To be honest, all I could think about throughout the week was spending time with my family to celebrate birthdays and the 4th of July. I was looking forward to waking up each morning with a beach view, a cup of coffee in hand, and the struggle of the day is what bathing suit I'd wear.

Well, TODAY IS THE DAY! We made it to the island! For the next week I will relinquish all work responsibility and focus on being a student and soaking up the sun. I envision my next week being similar to working at home? Have any of you worked from home as an instructional designer? Am I missing out big time? Should I join this bandwagon?



But just's a headsup, if I mention a lot of beach inspirations or advertising/marketing content (my sister and brother-in-law both work in those industries) then just know that I'm "stuck" on an island for the next week with these fools :)

I'd like to leave you with two pieces of wisdom- 1) Make time for yourself and 2) Dance like no one is looking, similar to a lady we met at dinner tonight. She goes by "Sissy" and shes a trip!




Comments

  1. Um, your blog makes me want to go to dace class in the gym. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go, let me know! We can boogie down together :)

      Delete
  2. I felt the same way in the beginning! Now that I've started doing the work I feel more excited than stressed. Take the prompts one step at a time, bang out the work throughout the week. You got this! And yes, turn the school/work brain off for a bit. Recharge the batteries under a nice warm sun. Have fun and happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please share the beach with us! I need some of that, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You should totes follow me!

Welcome to EME6414