Professional Learning Networks: Learning looks good on you

If you follow my blog or Twitter account, you know I'm a fan of webinars. They are engaging and allow for learning experiences and real time conversation with leaders in the field and other professionals.

In a recently session with TTC Innovations, we were talking about communication and collaborating and Jessica Howell sent me a link to a blog she wrote about social media groups for learning professions. #PLN 

Image result for professional learning network

The blog begins with the reasons why social media is valuable, and then she provides a list of groups on Facebook and LinkedIn she thinks are worth checking out and why. 

Sidenote: I love list.. they are straight to the point and chunk content! 

The list focused on two Web 2.0 platforms: Facebook and LinkedIn. 

While I don't personally use Facebook very often, I can appreciate the professional community it creates. Jessica mentioned the Instructional Designer group and their ability to stay on trends, so I decided to join. I'm a huge fan of being an innovator and establishing the learning curve of new ideas or products. I'm still waiting approval from admin, so I'll have to share my findings in a future post. 

The next group I decided to try was on LinkedIn called E-Learning 2.0. I'm still not really quite sure about LinkedIn yet, but I'm curious to learn more about technologies that will promote online learning and reading advice or techniques that other professionals are using. Again, I have to wait for approval to be in this group, but updates on what I find will be coming. 

By joining these communities, I'm getting out of my comfort zone and steering away from my usual M.O: researching and reading information on my own. I hope to create genuine conversation and share ideas. Will it be as immediate and rapid as Twitter? I'm not sure, but I'll find out. 

More details to come on my adventures in these communities, but in the mean time do ya'll know of any great webinars coming up? 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should totes follow me!

I'm on island time!

Welcome to EME6414