When learning and development meets marketing

As I search Web 2.0 and social media tools and ways to use them within the L&D field, I keep getting  hits for marketing articles. While I'm no where near a SME (subject matter expert) on marketing, it makes sense because it is the all-embracing function that links the business with customer needs and wants in order to get the right product to the right place at the right time. 

 And isn't the goal of L&D to have training available at the exact need for it?

I recently twitted about an article that talked through how to use social media to gain recognition for small businesses, have content be shared more rapidly, and gain awareness of resources. 



So I went to Instagram (#3 on their list) and looked though the many ID accounts that I follow, found others that I started to follow, and lurked the rest. I soon realized they all had one thing in common... they were showing quick ideas and examples for courses or stages of development, but they were also promoting learning events and opportunities! 

"If you market it, they will come!"

Moral of the story: You're training or learning sessions can be the best ever, but if you don't market them and hype it up, no one will come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should totes follow me!

I'm on island time!

Welcome to EME6414