Pinterest for the Win!

The funny thing about words is that they evoke emotion from the second they leave the lips and can make you feel a range of emotions.

What do you feel when I say curate?

I think of museums, art collections, and unique pieces that come together to tell a story.

What do you feel what I say Pinterest?

I think of fitness boards, receipts, and crafting.

But what if I said you could use Pinterest to curate content? HUH? That's what I thought. Content Marking Institute has a great blog about using Pinterest to curate information.

 While I'm not a marketer, I could see using boards to curate, or pull information in, for academic purposes. K-12 or higher ed classes could use it to house readings or videos related to the goals of the year or semester. Small businesses or teams could use it as a central location for resources or infographics.

What is even BETTER is when you allow groups to curate material together. Each person can leave a comment about the blog, video, or image to give an overview of the resource and voila! Ladies and gentleman, you have collaboration.

Pinterest isn't just about pinning interior designs and decor for my dream home or outfits that I would love to own. No, it has now become an educational tool for others to learn and pull information from.

Image result for pinterest and collaboration
Pinterest for Educators

Comments

  1. Hi,

    I really like your blogs overall aesthetic!

    As far as the Pinterest goes, I have to agree with you on it being a winner. It really does offer a lot for teachers in the classroom. Besides videos and readings that can be used towards academic goals, it also offers a lot of options for classroom design. Teachers post different education decorations, presentation ideas, motivational quotes, project ideas, and so much more. It truly is a valuable resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also recently questioned the usefulness of Pinterest, as my only interaction with the site was collecting wedding ideas a few years ago. I like your idea of using it for research in academia. This would be a great tool to use with students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using Pinterest for all kinds of things. The only challenge I've had with it recently is trying to find group boards to join.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You should totes follow me!

I'm on island time!

Welcome to EME6414