Oh Snap!

This morning as I went through class materials related to the tools of social networks.

Among them were, LinkedIn, Slideshare, Snapchat, and Instagram. I am a producer of all these accounts minus Slideshare, but I do use it as a consumer to research topics. 

The one that got my attention was Snapchat.They have a Discover section published by media and magazine sources. 

Of course, snaps are shared to show people what you're doing and where you are (see my post with the Geofilter link) but what type of potential does the Discover section in Snap have to promote learning?

My current knowledge as of now is that the media, publishing companies, and sports all contribute by posting information about headline stories, comical "top list", or short clips that provide enjoyment to others.             

I found two articles on using Snap with learning and development opportunities. The first article, from Litmos, gives a general overview of some of the app's features and the landscape of what L&D departments look like and face in the future.

The second article is from Mimeo, and focuses on simple how-to's to apply Snapchat in L&D with the purpose to appeal to millennials.

The take away I've gotten, is that Snap can be used as a supplement and not a primary tool like a LMS or instructor.

What ways would you like to see Snapchat used in learning and training???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You should totes follow me!

I'm on island time!

Welcome to EME6414